9 - Kate & Phyllis
Host Makeba Garraway talks with her mother Kate and mother-in-law Phyllis about their educational histories, their experiences of educating their own children, and how they feel about their grandchildren being educated outside of school.
Listen in as they talk about:
- The impact of the 11+ exam on their respective secondary school careers
- Migrating from Jamaica to England in the 1950s
- Supporting adopted children through the school system
- Their reaction to our decision to home educate, and how it has changed over time
- How having an autistic grandson has broadened their understanding of autism
Review the Multiformity podcast on Apple Podcasts:
1. Follow the link below and clink "view in iTunes"
2. Once the podcast page is open in iTunes, click on the "Ratings and Reviews" tab
3. Click the "Write a review" button. Thank you!
Music: Intro/outro/ interlude - produced & arranged by Soliheen: www.soundcloud.com/soliheen